The pressure sensors can be integrated for pressure measurement and control with either a PressureMAT™ System (monitor/transmitter) or a PendoTECH Process Control System, depending on the number of sensors and process requirements. The data collected by these systems can be output to a PC or another data monitoring device. They also can be integrated into other pre-qualified 3rd party pumps & monitors. The pressure sensors are very accurate in the pressure ranges typically used with flexible tubing and are qualified for use to 75 psi.
Process Scale Pressure Sensors
- Applications include multi-stage depth filtration, TFF/crossflow filtration, and bioreactor pressure monitoring and many more
- Available for use with tubing from 1/8 inch to 1 inch inner diameter (for luer size see below) or a sanitary flange
- Unobstructed flow path & no dead legs provides dramatically reduced hold-up volume versus stainless steel transducers or gauges
- Qualified for use in the range from -7 to 75 psi
- Compatible with gamma irradiation
- All materials meet USP Class VI
- Integral 12 inch cable connects to reusable monitor/ transmitter/alarm cable via molded connector
- Each sensor is tested for quality and accuracy during manufacturing and rejected if out of specification (no calibration required)
- Manufactured in a clean room in an FDA registered, ISO 13485 facility
- May be repeatedly cleaned and reused
- Low cost
- Sensors may be autoclaved one time
- Polycarbonate material or caustic resistant polysulfone (please review Application Note- Autoclave of Single Use Pressure Sensors)
- Certificate of quality included with lot certification; individual NIST Calibration Certificates are optional
- May be non-invasively tested in-place with the PressureCHECKER™ device
- Validation guide available on request
Hose Barb Design Features
The design features no mold parting-line where the tubing is secured, which can be a source of leaks. The single barb shaft provides space for the hose to relax behind the barb, causing the tie-wrap to work like a drawstring. A tie-wrap placed over the antirotation device (designed by Eldon James Corp.) will lock the tubing, preventing it from becoming loose by a twisting motion. If a more secure fitting than a tie-wrap is required for higher pressure, either a BarbLock® or Oetiker Clamp can be used, and they both give a very secure 360° radial compression seal.
PendoTECH Pressure Sensors – for Smaller Scale Processes
The luer sensors are offered in polycarbonate and polysulfone and have male/female luer lock inlet/outlet ports and come with a cap on the female luer port for dead-end applications. With the universal luer fitting, they can be adapted to processes in different manners. A couple of examples are they can be used in-line at low flow rates (1/16 or 1/8 inch tubing) or on a 1/4 or 3/8 inch barb fitting with luer port. The polycarbonate version is sterile for aseptic connection.
PendoTECH Pressure Sensor Data* 100 Sensors
* Data from 100 random sensors manufactured with the PendoTECH High Accuracy Pressure chips (MEMS-HAP chips) and measured with the PendoTECH Process Control System.
BarbLock® is a registered trademark of Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Corporation all rights reserved.