The PressureMAT is a monitor, alarm, and transmitter system designed for use with PendoTECH Single Use Pressure Sensors. It is comprised of the control system box with user interface and the connectors on the back panel where input and output components can be interfaced. Options include models with up to four pressure sensor inputs; the PMAT PLUS models for 3 pressure sensors and 1 flowmeter (PMAT3-PLUS) and the PMAT2-PLUS with inputs for 2 pressures,1 flowmeter, and one 4-20mA; and the PressureMAT™ S, Single Channel Unit. Interface options for the milliamp signal, the relay or RS232 serial port are shown in the picture below:
Single Channel Unit
Monitor – the process pressure is displayed on the LCD display with a range of -7 to 75 psi. Pressure can also be displayed in bars. The PMAT3 and PMAT4 models can optionally display Delta-pressure of P1-P2 or the trans-membrane pressure (TMP). These calculated values can also have alarm set points and can be transmitted. The PMAT-S Single Channel Unit is available as a High Resolution (HR) model for low pressure applications that achieve 10x the accuracy of the standard unit.
Alarm – minimum and maximum pressures are entered on the keypad and if the process pressure goes below the minimum setting or above the maximum setting, the system will go into alarm state. The alarm function includes a flashing indicator on the display, an audible tone for 30 seconds, and a relay output that can be used for activation of an external solenoid or tubing pinch valve. Alarm latching is optional.
Transmitter – the transmitter function delivers a 4–20 milliamp output signal corresponding to the pressure reading on the display. This system is useful for input to a process control system. Also available is a RS232 data output to a PC and there is Customized Data Acquisition Software that can collect all of the data from the unit, as well as data from one scale [SOFTWARE DEMO].There is optional internal data logging.
There are numerous applications in biopharmaceutical production processes where the system can be used to monitor pressure such as filtration, chromatography, and bioreactor pressure monitoring and control.
- PMAT-S: PressureMAT monitor, transmitter, alarm for 1 single use pressure sensor (analog 4-20 mA output, alarm relay output, tare input)
- PMAT-SHR: High Resolution PressureMAT monitor, transmitter, alarm for 1 single use pressure sensor (analog 4-20 mA output, alarm relay output, tare input)
- PMAT2: PressureMAT monitor, transmitter, alarm for 2 single use pressure sensors (2 analog outputs & 2 alarm relay outputs)
- PMAT2F: PressureMAT PLUS monitor, transmitter, alarm for 2 single use pressure sensor & 2 flow meter inputs (& 4 analog outputs)
- PMAT2P: PressureMAT PLUS monitor, transmitter, alarm for 2 pressure sensors, 1 flow meter input & 1 configurable 4-20mA analog input
- PMAT3: PressureMAT monitor for 3 single use pressure sensors with 4 outputs (3 analog outputs and 1 global alarm relay output)
- PMAT3A: PressureMAT PLUS monitor, transmitter, alarm for 3 single use pressure sensor & 1 Analog input (& 4 analog outputs)
- PMAT3P: PressureMAT PLUS monitor, transmitter, alarm for 3 single use pressure sensor &1 flow meter input (& 4 analog outputs)
- PMAT4A: PressureMAT monitor, transmitter, alarm for 4 single use pressure sensors (4 analog outputs)
- PMAT4R: PressureMAT monitor, transmitter, alarm for four single use pressure sensors (with 4 alarm relay outputs)
The PendoTECH PressureMAT (PMAT) monitor/transmitter that is used to read the PendoTECH Pressure Sensors comes with a data port as a standard feature. PendoTECH has created a customized software package to be able to trend the data in real-time and collect the data to a file that can be opened by programs such as Excel. The software has settings to choose the PressureMAT model from a list and it can optionally perform calculated values such as DeltaP and trans-membrane pressure that are used for certain filtration applications. [SOFTWARE DEMO]
PMAT-GUI: Data Acquisition and Trending Software for PressureMAT with USB/serial cable to connect to a PC.
The PendoTECH Pressure Sensor Transmitter connects to the PendoTECH Pressure sensor and produces a 4-20 milliamp signal that is linear with pressure. It has a convenient DIN rail mounting design. Two options are available to deliver optimal performance based on pressure range. For low-pressure application, there is a transmitter device with a 4-20 mA range of 0-10 psi. For higher pressure, there is a transmitter with a range of 0-30 psi. Better accuracy and repeatability is achieved by selecting the narrowest range that meets the application requirements.
- PT-10: Pressure sensor transmitter with 4-20mA output, 0-10psi (.67 bar) DIN Rail mount, 24VDC, with calibration certificate and cable
- PT-30: Pressure sensor transmitter with 4-20mA output, 0-30 psi (2 bar) DIN Rail mount, 24VDC, with calibration certificate and cable
- Reads PendoTECH Single Use Pressure Sensors™
- Convenient handheld design
- Battery operated
- No calibration required when used with the pressure sensors (the standardized sensor output signal is read)
- One-touch button for sensor tare at 0 psi
- Minimum / maximum pressure display buttons
- Comes with 12 foot reusable cable
PressureMAT DPG Specifications
- Reads sensors to their specification of 0-6 psi +/- 2% of reading; 6-30 psi +/- 3% of reading
- Uses 9V battery (approximate 14 hours of power)
- Auto shutoff after 10 minutes
- Display to x.x psi with updates >2X per second (x.xx upon request)
PMAT-DPG: PressureMAT monitor for 1 single use pressure sensor, battery operated